Family before business is how it is touted, but is this true? It is only as true as you are to yourself. It's not big business that commands and demands per say, it is a personal note of irony, when one finds there own branded sense of guilt in choosing which gets the marquee space.
I've always said, 20 years from now will big business remember you? No.... It is your family that will be by your side.
For years I've placed business before family with rationalization placed on the almighty paycheck, as well as continued employment and excelling in rank. Also, I have at times been an insurance whore. With a family, benefits are important.
The reality after leaving a child in the freezing ice waiting on a school bus so I wouldn't be 15 minutes late, my daughters missed 16th birthday due to a 13 hour inventory, working after hours while the kids (who were adults at the time) handed out trick or treat candy for me, and so on and on... It's time family really comes first! For those of you out there in constant state of paranoia pertaining to the third paragraph, give it up. When you make family plans, stick to them, as grandkids, kids, parents, and family as a whole are just the topping on the cake of life. You can have memories, but you can't have them if you weren't there.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment